At STH, we have put together a number of articles covering the Intel Xeon E-2100 series and upcoming Intel Xeon E-2200 series. For our readers, we wanted to put together coverage into a succinct place so they can easily find our Intel Xeon E-2100 and Xeon E-2200 series coverage.
Intel Xeon E-2100 and Xeon E-2200 Series Overview
The Intel Xeon E-2100 and Intel Xeon E-2200 series are the company’s line that spans two primary markets. First, these chips can be found in workstations as counterparts to the Intel Core line. Second, they serve the entry-level server market for servers that typically use under 300W.
In the workstation market, the primary differentiator of the chips is support for unbuffered ECC memory. Current generation Intel Core i7 and Core i5 series chips do not support ECC UDIMMs, but most Core i3 chips, like the Intel Core i3-8100 we reviewed, do.
In the server market, these chips are often found in two places. Either as edge compute servers or as dedicated hosting nodes. With minimal PCIe, I/O, RAM capacity, and cores the cost and power consumption for these servers remains low.
The “G” series Intel Xeon E-2100 and Xeon E-2200 chips support integrated graphics. In the workstation market, this can be used to drive displays. In the server market, this is often used for video transcoding offloads. This is Intel’s only current series with an integrated GPU.
At STH, we have a number of benchmark and review pieces to help our readers understand the differences between the chips. We also have a number of pieces for the platforms that these chips go into.
Intel Xeon E-2100 CPU Benchmark and Reviews
Here is our current set of Intel Xeon E-2100 Series Benchmarks and Reviews:
- Intel Xeon E-2186G Benchmarks and Review of the Top End
- Intel Xeon E-2176G Benchmarks and Review Major Performance Upgrade
- Intel Xeon E-2174G Benchmarks and Review
- Intel Xeon E-2146G Benchmarks and Review Our Top Pick
- Intel Xeon E-2144G Benchmarks and Review
- Intel Xeon E-2136 Benchmarks and Review
- Intel Xeon E-2134 Benchmarks and Review
Worth mentioning here is that the platforms that accept these chips can also accept Intel Core i3 series CPUs. These Intel Core i3-8100 and Intel Core i3-8300 chips which offer excellent low-cost performance.
Intel Xeon E-2100 and Xeon E-2200 Platform Reviews
While we provide the benchmark and review series to help guide users to configure the best chips for their applications, most Intel Xeon E-2100 and Xeon E-2200 series CPUs will be purchased in systems. Here are our platform reviews for this series.
ASUS Intel Xeon E-2100 and E-2200 Series Platform Reviews
Dell EMC PowerEdge Intel Xeon E-2100 and E-2200 Series Platform Reviews
Dell EMC has a number of PowerEdge servers in both tower and rack form factors that utilize the platform. Here is a list of our reviews.
- Dell EMC PowerEdge R340 Review Premium 1U Intel Xeon E-2100 Server
- Dell EMC PowerEdge T340 Review A High-End Low-Cost Server
- Dell EMC PowerEdge R240 Review 1U Entry Server
- Dell EMC PowerEdge T140 Review an Entry Tower Server
The PowerEdge line has a long history in this market, and thus one can see a broad portfolio that we have reviewed. Many dedicating hosting providers use racks of the PowerEdge R240 and R340 platforms to offer their services.
HPE ProLiant Intel Xeon E-2100 and E-2200 Series Platform Reviews
HPE ProLiant focuses on two main Intel Xeon E-2100 and Xeon E-2200 series platforms.
These two platforms cover both the SMB edge tower market as well as the edge and dedicated hosting rack server markets.
Supermicro Intel Xeon E-2100 and E-2200 Series Platform Reviews
Supermicro makes a range of products from basic motherboards to full systems for the Intel Xeon E-2100 and Xeon E-2200 platforms.
- Supermicro SYS-5019C-MR Review A 1U Intel Xeon E-2100 Powerhouse
- Supermicro X11SCA-F Review for Intel Xeon E-2100 CPUs
Overall these are solid platforms for the entry-level Intel Xeon. We used the Supermicro X11SCA-F for our Intel Xeon E-2100 series benchmarking.
Intel Xeon E-2100 and Xeon E-2200 STH News and Editorial Coverage
In addition to our reviews, we had a number of editorial and news pieces relating to the chip launches, platform launches, and general information about the series. Here is a listing of the additional coverage we had on the Intel Xeon E-2100 and Xeon E-2200 series.
- Looking back at Intel Xeon E3-1200 V1-V6 to the New Xeon E-2100
- Intel Xeon E-2100 Launch Coverage Central on STH
- The Intel Xeon E-2100 Server Re-Launch
- Intel Xeon E-2100 An Updated Platform and Market Segment
- Intel Xeon E-2100 Series Launch SKUs and Value Analysis
News and Product Launch Coverage
- New ASUS WS C246 PRO Intel Xeon E-2100 Workstation Line
- ASRock Rack C246M WS Motherboard for Intel Xeon E-2100 Workstations
- ASRock Rack Intel Xeon E-2100 Motherboards Spotted
- New Gigabyte Intel Xeon E-2100 Server Motherboards
- New QCT QuantaMicro X11C-8N 2U 8x Intel Xeon E-2100 Microserver Launched
- Supermicro X11SCA X11SCA-W and X11SCA-F for Xeon E-2100 Workstations
- New Tyan Intel Xeon E-2100 Motherboards and GPU Server Launched
STH will be covering the Intel Xeon E-2200 series when that series comes out later, we expect in 2019.