The Intel Xeon E-2100 is formally launched and is showing its new direction. Intel is downplaying the chips in the server space and focusing instead more on corporate workstations with the new line. At STH, we have been covering the “crossover” CPUs since 2010. Over the past few years, this segment has gone from a server CPU segment to Intel’s current workstation focus. We are going to discuss this evolution along with our normal thorough coverage.
Intel Xeon E-2100 Launch Coverage
We are using this piece as a cornerstone of our Intel Xeon E-2100 series launch coverage.
- Intel Xeon E-2100 Platform Overview and Market Segmentation
- Intel Xeon E-2100 SKUs and Value Analysis
- ASRock Rack C246M WS Motherboard
- Supermicro X11SCA, X11SCA-W and X11SCA-F Motherboards
- New ASUS WS C246 PRO Intel Xeon E-2100 Workstation Line
- Looking back at Intel Xeon E3-1200 V1-V6 to the New Xeon E-2100
- First platform reviews
- First CPU benchmarks
A few of these are going to roll out over the next few days.
More on Intel Server CPUs
If you want to get caught up on the rest of Intel’s recent line-ups, here are a few links for you:
- Intel Xeon Scalable Processor Family (Skylake-SP) Launch Coverage Central
- Intel Xeon D-2100 Series Launch Coverage Central
- Denverton Day Official STH Intel Atom C3000 Launch Coverage Central
We have dozens of pieces covering the latest chips from companies like Intel, AMD, and Marvell / Cavium on STH with the most complete coverage of server platforms on the Internet. If you want to get caught up on the previous two generations, here are our launch pieces for those:
- Intel Xeon E3-1200 V6 Series Released Incremental Improvement
- Intel Xeon E3-1500 V5 Video and Virtualization CPUs Launched
Stay tuned to STH as we cover the Intel Xeon E-2100 launch, especially as the server-oriented SKUs launch in the coming months.