ServeTheHome Networks, Inc. and its subsidiaries (collectively “ServeTheHome”) are committed to protecting your personal information and privacy. We want to ensure that you have a positive experience both when you visit our websites and when you use our products and services (“Products”).
This Privacy Statement applies to ServeTheHome websites and Products that link to or reference this Statement. It describes how we handle personal information and the choices available to you regarding the collection, use and access to that information. It also instructs you on how to update and correct your personal information that we store. Additional information on our personal information practices may be provided in supplemental privacy statements, or notices provided prior to or at the time of data collection (such as job applications). Certain ServeTheHome websites may have their own privacy statement that describes how we handle personal information for those websites specifically. To the extent a notice provided at the time of collection, or a website or Product specific privacy statement, conflicts with this Privacy Statement, such specific notice or supplemental privacy statement will supersede this Statement.
“Personal information” is any information that can be used to identify you as an individual, and may include your name, address, email address, phone number, login information (account number, password), marketing preferences, and/or social media account information. If we link other data with your personal information, we will also treat that linked data as your personal information. Credit card information is also personal information. At STH, we do not collect credit card information.
WHY SERVETHEHOME COLLECTS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect and use your personal information for several reasons. These reasons include fulfilling orders, providing customer support, sending security notices, and tailoring marketing communications, to name a few. Additional reasons include, but are not limited to:
- Creating an account;
- Providing customer service and/or support;
- Enabling the use of certain features of our Products;
- Personalizing your online experience;
- Sending marketing communications;
- Providing you with a newsletter subscription;
- Managing a job application; and
- Collecting information during the testing admissions process when a computer-based certification test is administered to you.
HOW SERVETHEHOME COLLECTS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
ServeTheHome obtains information about you from a variety of resources including this website, interactions with you at tradeshows, direct marketing campaigns, third party services, product purchase agreements, public databases, and social media platforms, and other sources.
From time to time, ServeTheHome may also obtain information about you from third party sources such as our resellers and channel partners, our joint marketing partners, our technology partners and, to the extent involved in the sales and marketing of our collective products and services, their appointed partners.
Examples of the information ServeTheHome may receive from other sources include: account information, job role and public employment profile, service and support information, information about your product or service interests or preferences, page-view information from some business partners with which ServeTheHome operates co-branded services or joint offerings, and credit history information from credit bureaus. ServeTheHome may use the information ServeTheHome receives from you to better understand you and/or maintain and improve the accuracy of the records ServeTheHome holds about you as well as to position, promote or optimize our products and services. ServeTheHome may also use this information in conjunction with your browsing habits/preferences (as obtained from our data partners) and your contact details, professional information and ServeTheHome transaction history (as obtained from our customer relationship management database) to deliver targeted advertising and marketing to you, where permitted by applicable law and in accordance with your advertising / marketing preferences.
If you choose to provide ServeTheHome with a third party’s personal information (such as name, email, and phone number), you represent that you have that third party’s permission to do so. Examples include forwarding reference or marketing material to a friend or sending job referrals. Third parties may unsubscribe from any future communication by following the link provided in the initial message or contacting email@example.com.
Like many websites, ServeTheHome uses automatic data collection tools, such as cookies, embedded web links, and web beacons. These tools collect certain standard information that your browser sends to our website. Examples include your browser type and the address of the website from which you arrived at our website.
They may also collect information about:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address. This is a number automatically assigned to your computer or device whenever you connect to the Internet. It is a unique address assigned by your Internet service provider or IT department on a TCP/IP network. Among other things, the IP address allows web servers to locate and identify your device.
- Clickstream behavior. This includes, for example, the pages you view and the links you click. These tools help make your visit to our website easier, more efficient, and more valuable by providing you with a customized experience and recognizing you when you return.
Some web browsers may give you the ability to enable a “do not track” feature that sends signals to the websites you visit, indicating that you do not want your online activities tracked. This is different from blocking or deleting cookies, as browsers with a “do not track” feature enabled may still accept cookies. No industry standard currently exists on how companies should respond to “do not track” signals, although one may develop in the future. ServeTheHome websites do not currently recognize and respond to “do not track” signals. If we do in the future, we will describe how in this Privacy Statement.
You can learn how to update your choices on these tools (or deactivate them) HERE.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
ServeTheHome may use your personal information for the purposes of operating our business, providing support, delivering, improving, and customizing our websites and Products, to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing, products, services and recommendations to you, to help monitor, prevent and detect fraud, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law. Some of the ways we may use personal information include:
- Delivering a Product you have ordered.
- Analyzing, supporting, and improving our Products and your online experience.
- Personalizing websites, newsletters and other communications.
- Administering and processing your certification exams.
- Sending communications to you, including for marketing or customer satisfaction purposes, either directly from ServeTheHome or from our partners.
You can edit your communication preferences at any time. See “Your Choices and Selecting Your Communication Preferences” below.
HOW WE MIGHT SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
ServeTheHome takes care to allow your personal information to be accessed only by those who really need to in order to perform their tasks and duties, and to share only with third parties who have a legitimate purpose for accessing it. We may share personal information in the following ways:
- ServeTheHome Affiliates: We may share your information within ServeTheHome and any of our worldwide subsidiaries for purposes of providing services and support, data processing or storage.
- Service Providers: We may share your information with third parties, such as vendors, consultants, agents and other service providers who work on our behalf. Examples include vendors and service providers who provide assistance with marketing, hosting seminar registration, administering online testing and certification programs, assisting with sales-related efforts or post-sales support, customer training, providing customer support, data analysis and insight. Unless described in this Privacy Statement, we do not share, sell, rent, or trade any of your personal information with third parties for their own promotional purposes.
- Business Partners: We may provide your information to our channel partners, such as distributors and resellers, to fulfill product and information requests, to effectively deliver unified support, and to provide customers and prospective customers with information about ServeTheHome and our products and services. From time to time, ServeTheHome may engage in joint sales or product promotions with selected business partners. If you purchase or specifically express interest in a jointly-offered product, promotion or service, we may share relevant personal information with those partners. Please be aware that ServeTheHome does not control our business partners’ use of such information. Our partners are responsible for managing their own use of the personal information collected in these circumstances. We recommend you review the privacy policies of the relevant partner to find out more about their handling of your personal information.
- Compliance with laws or any competent law enforcement body, regulatory body, government agency, court or third party: We may disclose information where we believe disclosure is necessary or required (i) by law or regulation, in order to comply with legal process or government requests (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements); or (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights.
- Business transfers: We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, acquisition, dissolution, corporate reorganization or similar event. We will inform any buyer that your information shall only be used in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
- With your consent: We may disclose your personal information for any purpose with your express written consent.
- In an aggregated format. In aggregated, anonymized, and/or de-identified form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
- Other legitimate business purposes: We may share your personal information when it is necessary for other legitimate purposes such as protecting ServeTheHome’s confidential and proprietary information or where necessary to support, respond to and to provide our products and services to our customers.
HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO AND ENSURE THE ACCURACY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We need your help in keeping your personal information accurate and up to date. We provide a number of options to access, correct, suppress, or delete your personal information:
- You can view or edit your ServeTheHome.com personal information in whatever application you signup for.
- Some ServeTheHome entities may act as or be considered “data controllers”. When a ServeTheHome entity is acting as a data controller, you can exercise your rights of access and request corrections, suppression, or deactivations under applicable data protection laws directly with that ServeTheHome entity as described in the specific Solution documentation.
- If you need additional assistance, or help with accessing, correcting, suppressing, or deleting your personal information, please feel free to contact us directly. We make good faith efforts to honor reasonable requests to access, delete, update, suppress, or correct your data. If we are unable to honor your request, we will provide you with an explanation.
Your Choices and Selecting Your Communication Preferences
We give you the choice of receiving a variety of information related to our Products. You can manage your communication preferences through the following methods:
- By following the instructions included in each promotional email from us to subscribe or unsubscribe from that particular mailing.
- For the authors features on ServeTheHome, you can e-mail the Editor-in-Chief directly to stop receiving mailings.
These choices do not apply to service notifications or other required communications that are considered part of certain Products, which you may receive periodically unless you stop using or cancel the Product in accordance with its terms and conditions. With your permission, we may also share your personal information with ServeTheHome business partners or vendors, so they may send you information about products or services that may be of interest to you.
By using our websites, Products, or otherwise providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use. For example, if we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on our websites, by sending an email, or otherwise contacting you.
THE SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We intend to protect the personal information entrusted to us and treat it securely in accordance with this Privacy Statement. ServeTheHome implements physical, administrative, and technical safeguards designed to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also contractually require that our suppliers protect such information from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. The Internet, however, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or guarantee the security of any personal information you provide to us.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information as needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. We will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our business requirements, legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets, and enforce our agreements.
ServeTheHome takes children’s privacy seriously. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18 through our websites. If you are under 18 years of age, please do not submit any personal information through our websites without the express consent and participation of a parent or guardian.
Consent to Transfer, Processing and Storage of Personal Information
Personal information, including personal information collected in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland, may be transferred, stored and processed by ServeTheHome and our services providers, partners and affiliates in the United States and potentially other countries whose data protection laws may be different to the laws of your country, for example to Canada, the Philippines, Singapore, India, Australia and Israel. ServeTheHome will protect your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement wherever it is processed and will take appropriate contractual or other steps to protect the relevant personal information in accordance with applicable laws. These steps include implementing the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for transfers of personal information from our group companies in the EEA to our other group companies.
Note about Linked Websites
We may provide links to other third-party websites and services that are outside our control and not covered by this Privacy Statement. We encourage you to review the privacy statements posted on those websites (and all websites) you visit.
Note about Forums
If you participate in a discussion forum, local communities, or chat room accessed through or on a ServeTheHome website, you should be aware that the information you provide there (i.e. your public profile) will be made broadly available to others, and could be used to contact you, send you unsolicited messages, or for purposes neither ServeTheHome nor you have control over. Also, please recognize that individual forums and chat rooms may have additional rules and conditions. ServeTheHome is not responsible for the personal information or any other information you choose to submit in these forums. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
How to Contact Us
We value your opinions. Should you have questions or comments related to this Privacy Statement, contact our privacy team by sending us a message through email to email@example.com or by mail to: Loyolan Ventures, LLC 167 Town Square Drive Mountain View CA 94043.
Updates to this ServeTheHome Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time. If we modify our Privacy Statement, we will post the revised version here, with an updated revision date. You agree to visit these pages periodically to be aware of and review any such revisions. If we make material changes to our Privacy Statement, we may also notify you by other means prior to the changes taking effect, such as by posting a notice on our websites or sending you a notification. By continuing to use our website after such revisions are in effect, you accept and agree to the revisions and to abide by them.