Supermicro X11SPA-T Motherboard Specifications
Here is a complete list of the motherboard specs from Supermicro X11SPA-T motherboard:
The motherboard size is E-ATX 12” x 13” so about the size of a dual CPU board which should fit many case sizes we have become accustomed to here at STH. Normal RAM load-outs will fill the blue slots first, then black. If a proper CPU is used DCPMM modules will install in the black slots.
Testing the Supermicro X11SPA-T Motherboard
Here is the test configuration we used for the motherboard:
• Motherboard: Supermicro X11SPA-T motherboard
• CPU: Intel Xeon W-3275 2.5GHz (28 core/56 thread)
• GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER
• Cooling: Supermicro 4U CPU Heat Sink
• RAM: 6x 32GB DDR4-2933R SDRAM (25-21-21-47 CR1) Low Profile
• SSD: Samsung PM961 1TB
• OS: Windows 10 Pro Workstation.
For our CPU we will be using an Intel Xeon W-3275 2.5GHz (28 core/56 thread.) Here is a quick look at that. Note, this is a LGA3647 CPU, not LGA2066 platform as AIDIA64 reports.
The Intel Xeon W-3275 is a very capable CPU, the base speed is 2.5GHz but can Turbo up to 4.6GHz using Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0. We only see PCIe 3.0 and 64 PCIe lanes on this platform. We will look at PCIe 3.0 Bandwidth in our testing section.
Let us continue with performance testing.