ASUSTOR Lockerstor 8 AS6508T 8-Bay 10GbE NAS Specifications
Here are the key specs of the AS6508T:
We can see the AS6508T uses an Intel Atom C3538 quad-core processor at 2.1GHz, and a single 8GB DDR4 SODIMM is expandable to 32GB. In larger systems, an Intel Atom C3538 can take up to 4x 64GB RDIMMs for a total of 256GB, however, it is limited by the two SODIMM form factor here. For most NAS applications 8GB will be fine and 32GB expansion will cover use cases where the NAS is also serving heavier SMB server duties.
The platform that we use for the testing on all of our NAS testings consists of the following items.
- Motherboard: ASUS ROG Zenith II Extreme Motherboard
- CPU: AMD Threadripper 3960X (24 core / 48 Threads)
- GPU: NVIDIA RTX 2080 SUPER
- Cooling: NZXT Kraken X62
- RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 3600MHz 4x 16GB DDR4 (64GB Total)
- SSD: Sabrent Rocket 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD
- OS: Windows 10 Pro
- Switch: MikroTik CR312-4C+8XG-RM 10G
- Storage: 8x Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDDs
Let us continue with testing the ASUSTOR Lockerstor 8 AS6508T 8-Bay 10GbE NAS.