AMD Radeon RX 6800 Specifications
First, here are the key specs directly from the AMD website (as of the date of this article):
You may notice that the release date was November 2020. It has taken us this long to get these cards.
One key specification for the AMD Radeon RX 6800 is that it uses 16GB GDDR6 memory. This is more than the MSI GeForce RTX 3070 and RTX 3080.
Testing the AMD Radeon RX 6800
Here is our test configuration:
- Motherboard: ASUS ROG Zenith II Extreme Motherboard
- CPU: AMD Threadripper 3960X (24 cores / 48 Threads)
- GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800
- Cooling: NZXT Kraken X62
- RAM: 4x Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 3600 MHz 16GB (64GB Total)
- SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 NVMe PCIe Gen4 x4 M.2 SSD
- PSU: EVGA Supernova 1600 T2
- OS: Windows 10 Pro
Here is the obligatory GPU-Z shot of the AMD Radeon RX 6800:
GPU-Z shows the primary stats of our testing the AMD Radeon RX 6800. The GPU clocks in at 1815 MHz and can boost up to 2105 MHz. Pixel Fillrates run at 101.0 GPixels/s, and Texture Fillrate comes in at 505.2 GTexel/s, while memory runs at 2000 MHz. We see 16GB of GDDR6 memory on the AMD Radeon RX 6800.
Let us move on and start our testing with computing-related benchmarks.