Since many of our users are going to want to run different OSes on this, we wanted to give some of the key hardware specs. There is a lot on these machines that are customizable, but this at least gives you some sense of what hardware is available. If you want to know if your hardware is compatible with your OS, this list should help do that tie-out.
Here are the officially supported CPUs for the unit:
- Intel Core i3-6100T (2 Core/ 3 MB/ 4T/ 3.2GHz)
- Intel Core i5-6500T (4 Core/ 6 MB/ 4T/ 2.5GHz)
- Intel Core i5-6600T (4 Core/ 6 MB/ 4T/ 2.7GHz)
- Intel Core i7-6700T (4 Core/ 8 MB/ 8T/ 2.8GHz)
- Intel Core i3-7100T (2 Core/ 3 MB/ 4T/ 3.4GHz)
- Intel Core i3-7300T (2 Core/ 3 MB/ 4T/ 3.5GHz)
- Intel Core i5-7500T (4 Core/ 6 MB/ 4T/ 2.7GHz)
- Intel Core i5-7600T (4 Core/ 6 MB/ 4T/ 2.8GHz)
- Intel Core i7-7700T (4 Core/ 8 MB/ 8T/ 2.9GHz)
- Up to 32GB in 2x DDR4-2400 SODIMMs
- 2.5″ SATA with Bracket
- M.2 PCIe for NVMe SSDs
- Intel i219LM
WiFi Support (Optional)
- Intel Wireless-AC 3168, Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.1 combo adapter, 2×2
- Intel 7265 802.11ac wireless with Bluetooth combo adapter 2×2
- Intel 7260 802.11a/b/g/n wireless with Bluetooth combo adapter 2×2
- Intel Wireless-AC 8265, Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.1 combo adapter, 2×2 (with or without vPro)
- Intel Q270
- 3x USB 3.1 Gen1 Front (2x Type-A, 1x Type-C)
- 4x USB 3.1 Rear Type-A
OSes From Factory
- Windows 10 Home (64-bit)
- Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
- Windows 7 Pro (64-bit)
- Windows 7 Pro (32-bit)
- NeoKylin Linux 64
The OS section can be a big deal. Sometimes the units are advertised as supporting Windows 10, but one gets a Windows 10 Home license. If you want to, or may want to, run Windows 10 Pro, knowing exactly which OS is on the device is ultra important. Having Ubuntu Linux installed from the factory is nice since we know many of our readers will use these with Linux. We also had our system running Proxmox VE as a Linux virtualization node but that is not an officially supported OS.
Also, we will note that our system did have vPro enabled. This requires vPro compatible processors such as the Core i5-7500T, but also vPro to be enabled through a platform like the EliteDesk 800 G3 and components such as the 8265 wireless with vPro. Our recommendation is to look for the vPro sticker if this is a feature you want.
Note: These systems sometimes change specs mid-generation. If you find another spec sheet with items you think we should add, please let us know in the comments.
Next, we are going to look at the performance and power consumption before getting to our final words.