ASUS Pro WS C621-64L SAGE/10G Motherboard Specifications
For a complete list head over here to check out the full specifications, but here are some of the key specs:
Overall this is a great set of features. We really like the Intel X550-AT2 inclusion. Many companies are instead using Aquantia NICs in this generation and class of server motherboards. The Intel X550-AT2 is a higher-end controller.
Testing the ASUS Pro WS C621-64L SAGE/10G Motherboard
Here is our test configuration for the motherboard:
• Motherboard: ASUS Pro WS C621-64L SAGE/10G Motherboard
• CPU: Intel Xeon W-3275 2.5GHz (28 core/56 thread)
• GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER
• Cooling: Supermicro 4U CPU Heat Sink
• RAM: 6x 32GB DDR4-2933 RDIMMs (25-21-21-47 CR1) Low Profile
• SSD: Samsung PM961 1TB
• OS: Windows 10 Pro Workstation
For our CPU we will be using an Intel Xeon W-3275 2.5GHz (28 core/56 thread) which is a top-end SKU for this platform. The only higher-end part is the “M” version with higher memory support important if you want to use 12x 128GB DDR4 DIMMs.
The Xeon W-3275 is a very capable CPU, the base speed is 2.5GHz but can Turbo up to 4.4GHz using Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0. You can see our Intel Xeon W-3275 Review to read more about that chip.
Let us continue with performance testing.