On April 2, 2016 we are going to have the inaugural STH Meetup at Hacker Dojo in Mountain View, California. We originally planned that #STHmeetup would have 30 people including folks from our sponsors and walk-ins from Hacker Dojo. We have a few more than expected (the STH RSVP list is 50 already). We also confirmed that Dr. Ian Cutress, Senior Editor at Anandtech will be joining the event. That took a bit of logistics since Ian is based in London, UK but it looks like we are set. Follow him on Twitter @IanCutress.
We are piggybacking on a Supermicro/ Intel event where the newest Intel platforms are going to be displayed. Since we managed to get the go-ahead for some “low cost” space, we are going to hold our meetup at that event. We have the space from 1-4PM that day and will have snacks for folks. There is a larger area for general meet and greet as well as showcases. Supermicro/ Intel will also have a series of talks in a breakout room during the event that will be available to STH members and the Hacker Dojo communities.
Main area activities
- Meet and Greet with the STH community and introduction to the event.
- Hands-on time with hardware – I have gotten previews of the hardware at the event and we are going to have some cool stuff to check out.
- Bring your own “home” server showcase – Please let us know if you are planning to bring your own rig as we are extremely tight on space – Have a home server that is portable and runs on less than 1A @ 120V? We will have a limited amount of space to show it off.
- Hacker Dojo donation
- Super swag giveaway – still working on what this might be but we will likely have opportunities to walk away with some swag.
Breakout sessions that Supermicro and Intel will have for the STH and Hacker Dojo communities
- New platform discussion (currently under NDA) – I am still trying to convince David Kanter a Linley Group processor analyst/ proprieter of RealWorldTech.com to co-present this one.
- Intel Xeon D MicroLab
- NVMe storage discussion
- Meet the Press! Featuring Patrick Kennedy (STH), William Harmon (STH), Ian Cutress (Anandtech), Ganesh T S (Anandtech)
We are also working on getting a few giveaways for the event. Stay tuned on that.
Logistics and Parking
The event will be from 1PM to 4PM on Saturday April 2, 2016 in Mountain View, California. Here is the event tracker at Hacker Dojo in case you are asked what you are there for. Hacker Dojo does have limited parking. Luckily, around the area there are a number of office parks that are mostly empty on the weekends. During the week, there is little street parking, but over the weekend there is plenty of street parking if you head down the street towards the Samsung North America development center.
Here is a link to the official STH Meetup group that we will use for this and future STH Meetups.