On April 2, 2016 (one month from today) we are going to have the inaugural STH Meetup at Hacker Dojo in Mountain View, California. There is certainly much work going on behind the scenes and I have been spending quite a bit of time vetting some of the presentations. With 40 folks RSVP’d from the STH side it is quite exciting to see the community coming together. Rumor has it that we may have a well known tech press Senior Editor dropping in all the way from London at the event. We are also planning to use the official hashtag #STHmeetup for the event starting today.
We are piggybacking on a Supermicro/ Intel event where the newest Intel platforms are going to be displayed. Since we managed to get the go-ahead for some “low cost” space, we are going to hold our meetup at that event.
We have the space from 1-4PM that day and will have snacks for folks. There is a larger area for general meet and greet as well as showcases. Supermicro/ Intel will also have a series of talks in a breakout room during the event that will be available to STH members and the Hacker Dojo communities.
Main area activities
- Meet and Greet with the STH community and introduction to the event
- Hands-on time with hardware – we may also have some machines setup for remote testing in the datacenter
- Bring your own “home” server showcase – have a home server that is portable and runs on less than 1A @ 120V? Bring it along to show off to fellow STH’ers
- Hacker Dojo donation time
Breakout sessions that Supermicro and Intel will have for the STH and Hacker Dojo communities
- New platform discussion (currently under NDA)
- Intel Xeon D MicroLab
- Xeon E5 motherboard discussion and opportunity for user feedback/ input
We are also working on getting a few giveaways for the event. Stay tuned on that.
There is certainly more to come but if you are going to be in the area, mark your calendars for April 2, 2016 from 1-4PM at Hacker Dojo in Mountain View, California. Here is a link to the official STH Meetup group that we will use for this and future STH Meetups.
If you plan to attend, sign-up and RSVP here.
Do you have feedback on the agenda or want to present something? Feel free to drop a suggestion in the forums here. We have several items that are still being finalized, but that should get us a good start.