Sabrent Rocket 4.0 NVMe PCIe Gen4 x4 M.2 SSD 1TB Specifications
Here are the key specs for the Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 1TB or “SB-ROCKET_NVMe4-1TB” SSD along with those of the 500GB and 2TB models:
Sabrent offers the Rocket NVMe 4.0 series in three different capacities, 500GB, 1TB, and 2TB. All three drives are similar with the 500GB version is a bit slower.
Here we see the CrystalDiskInfo screen-shot for the Rocket NVMe 4.0.
CrystalDiskInfo shows us the basic information about our Sabrent SSD.
Test System Configuration
We have completely overhauled our test platform and will now use the following for all our testing needs.
• Motherboard: ASUS ROG Zenith II Extreme Motherboard
• CPU: AMD Threadripper 3960X (24 cores / 48 Threads)
• GPU: NVIDIA RTX 2080 SUPER
• Cooling: NZXT Kraken X62
• RAM: 4x Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 3600 MHz 16GB (64GB Total)
• SSD: 1TB Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 NVMe PCIe Gen4 x4 M.2 SSD
• PSU: EVGA Supernova 1600 T2
• OS: Windows 10 Pro
Our testing used the Rocket NVMe 4.0 PCIe Gen4 x4 M.2 SSD 1TB as the OS Boot drive, and after installing our applications. We filled the drive to 50% using a large mixture of large and small files. We also add into the graphs an Intel Optane 900P 480GB PCIe Gen3 SSD for comparisons.
Let us move on with our performance testing.