Last week we launched the ServeTheHome RAID Calculator and it has been quite a success and we received a bunch of feedback on it. This week we have incorporated much of that feedback and turned the RAID Calculator into a much more flexible tool. There is still much work to be done, but this version incorporates much of the initial feedback we received and adds some new features.New in the STH RAID Calculator v1.05:
- Added the ability to enter any size drive in GB or TB using a manufacturer’s 10^30 or 10^40 sizes.
- Added RAID-Z, RAID-Z2 and RAID-Z3 to the calculator
- Added “stickiness” to input variables so you do not have to re-enter the values upon each entry
- Added minimum number of disk requirements for the given RAID levels (this is still a “soft” requirement where the tool allows any input but explains what is required)
- Bug fixes for RAID 6 calculations
- Bug fixes for certain disk sizes
- Dynamic computation of hard drive manufacture 10 base sizes to 2 base sizes